Monday, 30 May 2016

Why it's important to take a break

Hey lovelies

I'm back! I had to take a little break for myself, but now I have returned and I have so many ideas for blog posts! During my time out, I had a big think about where my blog is now, and where I want to take it in the coming months, and I have decided that I would quite like to branch out and try different styles of blogging. Although my blog is primarily focussed on fashion at the moment, it did actually start out as a beauty blog; and I think I would quite like to return to more #bblogging

I have a couple of holidays planned for this summer - including one to America - so I will definitely be writing about that, and there will be hundreds of pictures no doubt, so plenty of things to show! A big part of my life, even though I don't talk much about it, is health and fitness. I did post about it here and here when I first got into it, but now three years down the line, I have learnt so much more and have so much more to share, I think this will have to become a permanent feature on my blog!

And finally to lifestyle. I already include a little bit of life in my posts, but this is something that I want to do more of. It's time to dip my toes into the beautiful sea of lifestyle blogging!





So to kick my "new" blog off, I thought I would discuss something very relevant; why it's important to take a break.



1. It's supposed to be fun
I started my blog out as a little hobby and something to do on the side and over the years, it has stayed that way. My blog is not my job and currently I am trying to juggle a full time job with a hell of a lot of driving, gymming, seeing the boyfriend and visiting family. Whilst I love blogging, sometimes it just gets a bit much and I feel like I have to write a blog post, rather than actually have things to say. Blogging is something that I want to enjoy so as soon as it turns into a chore, I know I have to stop.



2. To rebuild ideas
For the past two years, I pretty much had a new blog post going up every week. It's great to be consistent, however, I often find myself running out of ideas and not quite knowing what to say. My posts have also pretty much all been fashion posts which is what I love to talk about, but I have so much more going on in my life that in taking a break, I have built up a list of possible ideas in different areas. I am very aware that my content is all so similar and I am saying the same or similar things about my outfits. I read a lot of other blogs and I am constantly in awe of the high quality content that they produce time and time again - I know blogging is their job so they have a lot more time to regularly create the content they are happy with.



3. To take some time out
Possibly the most obvious one; to simply have some time off, whether it's to spend some time with friends/family, to do different things, or to just have a break. I work a full time job where I spend about 40 hours a week, I live 30 miles from that job so I spend around an hour and a half every week day driving to and from work. I also go to the gym 4 days a week, and then when you add in sleeping and eating, that doesn't leave much time to myself. Factor in visiting home and seeing the boyfriend at the weekends as well and I honestly don't know how I manage to fit in taking blog pictures and writing the posts!



4. To get organised
In having such a busy lifestyle, it is so important to be organised and that is one thing that I have always tried to be; I write lists for everything and try to plan ahead. This isn't so easy to do when you have limited time to yourself so I needed to take some time out to catch up, sort my life out and start afresh.



I hope you will agree that this break from blogging has been a good thing and that, if you need it, will take a break every now and then too.

Jess xx

Two Piece: MissPap

Heels: Sold out from Public Desire


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© JessicaLouise. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig