Monday, 2 May 2016

Ivy Park

Hey lovelies

I hope you are all having a wonderful bank holiday weekend! I took Friday off and I've come back home so I get a lovely long weekend, which I have absolutely needed; and of course, I have made some time to take pictures of a few outfits that I am absolutely loving at the moment.

I'm sure for many of you Beyonce is a massive inspiration, she sure is one of my major girl crushes - she just seems to have it all; amazing voice, stunning body, and the perfect life. It is, therefore, sometimes easy to forget just how hard she has worked, and continues to work for it all!

In a promotional video for the Ivy Park range, she describes how she used to go to Ivy Park as a young girl, and how it still inspires her today. "I remember wanting to stop but I would push myself to keep going". Words that the Queen Bey, herself, seems to live by; having not only released an entire clothing range and beginning her Formation World Tour, she has also dropped a surprise new album 'Lemonade'. And a visual album no less! (I strongly advise you watch it as it truly is incredible.)

She also states "There are many things I am still afraid of. When I have to conquer them, I go back to that park" and 'The park became a state of mind". These phrases mean to me, that 'Ivy Park' is a place that she grew, and a place where she became what she is today. It is a symbol of hope, of empowerment and of her success, whilst not overlooking the fear and hard work that she has experienced. 

The video finished off with her asking "Where's your park?", wanting us to think of a place that inspires us to keep going, and encourages us to dream and work hard. There is nothing that we cannot achieve if we put our minds to it.

If I was inspired by Queen Bey before, I am certainly in awe of her now!

The Ivy Park collection itself is designed to empower women through sport, no matter what their sporting ability or shape. It is an activewear and athleisure brand mixing high performance technical sportswear with fashion-led casual wear.

Today's outfit focuses on this bodysuit from the Ivy Park range. I am sure I'm not the only one to have completely Ivy Parked themselves up since it was released a couple of weeks ago, and this bodysuit was probably the fastest selling out of everything!  It sold out online pretty much straight away, and I had to go into at least 2 different Topshops to find one in my size - but lo and behold, I managed to get my claws on it.

This bodysuit is the perfect combination of style and comfort so it is extremely versatile; team it with some joggers and a hoodie and you have a wonderfully comfy outfit, but swap the joggers for some jeans and finish it off with a pair of heels, you are ready for a night out!

It fits so well too, as I have quite a long body, I do sometimes struggle with bodysuits pulling on my shoulders or ending up with a wedgie(!) but I had no trouble with this one.

The colour is also a great choice because it means it can go with practically anything - adding to the versatility. I went for some skinny black jeans and trainers to create the ultimate smart-casual look.

All links below, and remember, you have as many hours in the day as Beyonce!

Jess xx










Bodysuit: Topshop

Jeans: Miss Pap

Trainers: ASOS


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I'm obsessed with the ivy park collection, I can't wait to go out and buy some! I also love your blog, the layout is amazing and your content is great :) I'm new to blogging and just followed you on bloglovin, it'd mean the world if you could check out my blog and may follow back xx

    http://corkylilthing.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks hun :) yeah, I'll definitely check you out!

      Jess xx

      Delete
  2. I had no idea what the story behind Ivy Park was so this was so interesting to read! I love this line, you look bloody amazing in the bodysuit! Such a babe xo
    www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this means so much!

      Jess xx

      Delete

© JessicaLouise. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig