Thursday, 9 October 2014

My Tanzania Experience

Hey guys

This is my first blog post from my new uni room! I have been moved in for about a week now but it's taken me a while to get myself settled and back into the routine of being at uni so that's why this post has taken a little while to appear. While my workload has massively increased this year, I am aiming to do one post a week (hopefully more if I get the chance).

As you may have seen from my Instagram and Twitter, I have spent the last month away in Tanzania with 13 other people from my uni carrying out and funding development projects. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life and I am so grateful that I was able to go out there and meet some lovely people. We taught in a primary school and funded and helped out with 6 different projects, which were:

  • Reinforcing a road that gets washed away in their rainy season
  • Building the foundations for a 3000 litre water tank in a secondary school
  • Installing electricity in a primary school
  • Planting 100,000 trees to fertilize the land
  • Building a water tank for a hospital
  • Installing solar panels in a doctors surgery
We stayed in Nure for the first two weeks which is a village in the rainforest on the edge of Mount Kilimanjaro then spent the next two weeks in Monduli which is a town in the desert. 

I think pictures do the trip more justice than words so here are a select few that I took whilst out there. Enjoy!

P.S. Sorry for the massive number of pictures!
P.P.S. My blog posts will return back to fashion, I promise












































SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Beautiful pictures!! Looks like you had an amazing time! My best friend is currently in Tanzania doing exactly the same.. this week she is climbing Kilimanjaro!

    www.chionebrasiliahardy.blogspot.co.uk

    Chione XX

    ReplyDelete

© JessicaLouise. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig