Friday, 6 September 2013

I'm Nuts!

Hey Guys!
Last weekend, I took part in something called 'The Nuts Challenge' which is a military-style assault course. It is approximately 7km long, and you have to run, climb, crawl, swim, and generally get extremely muddy. I did this with my gym buddy, and we were determined to complete it with a decent time!! The exact length of the course was 7.56km, and I finished it in 1 hour and 23 minutes. I am extremely happy with this. There are different options of length that you can do:
  • More Nuts (7km, 1 lap)
  • Mixed Nuts (14km, 2 laps)
  • Complete Nuts (21km, 3 laps)
  • Tough Nuts (28km, 4 laps)
It was really tough but so much fun. I am now covered in cuts and bruises, and I injured my knee about half way round which slowed me down (annoyingly!) but that hasn't put me off doing it again! My parents came to watch and cheer us on, and here are some of the pictures that they took


































So there you have it! I had a fantastic time and I really can't wait to do it again!! My friend and I are considering doing the 14km one next year, so we will need to keep up the training!

Have you ever done anything like this? What do you think of these challenges?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© JessicaLouise. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig