Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Skiing Diary day 7/8

I will start off this post with a couple of apologies. First of all, sorry for the terrible layouts of the last few posts. I have been away skiing, and blogging from your iPad is really not easy! Because of this, I have sorted them out so you may see that the posts have changed since you last looked! Secondly, sorry it has taken so long for me to upload this post, since we got back, I have been super busy and have had hardly any time to just sit down and write! Oh well, better late than never, eh?



So Saturday was our last day on the slopes, so we were determined to make the most of it! We located the places we hadn't yet been, and set off as soon as possible. Though the sky was really nice and blue in the morning, it was freezing so I was glad that I had doubled up on layers! We skied to a nice little cafe, where the others had hot chocolate (I don't like hot drinks, so Lemonade it was for me) and we took some pictures. Keen to make the most of the day, we didn't stay for long. It wasn't long before we were hungry, so we stopped at a really nice restaurant by the Altiport, and had (yet again!) omelette! The sky had begun to darken, and the clouds gathered, and soon after lunch, we were skiing with flat light in a white-out! It was absolutely freezing! It got to the point where we could barely feel our hands, so we headed back to the chalet hotel for some well needed cake! We showered, packed and got ready quickly as we were keen to watch the England 6 Nations rugby match which, luckily, we won! We had a few drinks during the match and with dinner and were reluctant to go to bed, knowing that the next day, we had to leave. At 11ish though, we called it a night.







 My sister and our cousin

The Courchevel Altiport for all our private jets!

On Sunday morning, the alarm went off at 4:45am and we packed the rest of our things ready to go home. We had breakfast at 5:30, but none of us were really that hungry! The coach arrived a little late as it had been snowing so the roads were slippy. We got on the coach and our 3 hour transfer to the airport began (most of which, I slept through!). The plane journey was a lot quicker than that and I was watching more of Batman as I had done on the way. When we finally arrived back in England, we said goodbye to our cousins and drove home. 

I can't believe that we are home already! The week felt more like a couple of days, and I really want to be back on the slopes again. I had such an amazing time and I can't wait to go again! I hope you have enjoyed my little diary-thing!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© JessicaLouise. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig