Sunday, 3 February 2013

GlossyBox | January 2013





Last month, GlossyBox focused on the idea of giving our skin a rest after everything we put it through over the Christmas period. To reflect this, they named it 'The Detox Box'. They included products to rejuvenate, hydrate and moisturise your skin and lips to ensure you have fully recovered from the stress of Christmas (well those mince pies weren't going to eat themselves?!). 

I have also made a YouTube video of this so if you would prefer to listen to my ramblings rather than read it, check it out on my Beauty Channel :)

Included in the box:



Elemis Skin Glow Facial Exfoliator - I was pretty impressed with this product as it worked well with my skin, and had a sort of citrus-y smell. The exfoliating beads weren't too harsh on my skin as some can be, and I really feel it has made a difference to my skin. It has lasted me a decent amount of time even though it is only a 30ml bottle and i would say that £12 for the full 100ml bottle would be worth it. I am considering buying it once I have finished my current exfoliator.


Premae Skincare Balance Rescue Face Tonique - I have personally never used a toner before as I have never felt the need so this was a new experience for me. It cleaned my skin well and left it feeling refreshed and soothed. I have enjoyed using this product, however, the full 50ml bottle costs £27.50 which I think is a bit much so I don't think I will be rushing out to buy it.




Monu Aromatic Mask - I absolutely adore face masks as I really feel like I am giving my skin a treat! This product cleansed my face nicely and, when I apply it, the warmth of it on my skin soothed me. You hardly need to use any of it as it spreads well and therefore, it lasts a long time. The 100ml bottle is worth £24.95 which I think isn't too bad, however, there are a lot of cheaper brands that do a similar thing.




Duck Island Body Lotion - Body lotions are a product that I am constantly buying and I am always looking for new ones to try out. I was really pleased with this one as it was very beneficial for my skin and it had quite a nice smell. It left my skin feeling moisturised and smooth and at £12.48 for a 250ml bottle, I am actually considering buying it.




Jason Lips Bee Healthier - As we are in the middle of winter, I find that I use a lot of lip balm to combat dry and chapped lips. This was possibly my favourite product in the box as I feel I will get the most use out of it. It instantly hydrates my lips, making them feel moisturised and soothed, and the Organic Aloe Vera Gel heals and protects them. At £1.99 for the tube, I think this is the product I am most likely to buy.

My overall thoughts of this box? I liked it! As my first GlossyBox, I wasn't sure what to expect, however, I was pleased with the quality and range of products. I think the theme was great and just what I needed in January. I look forward to receiving my February GlossyBox.


Have you tried out GlossyBox? What is your opinion?



Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Everything in the Glossybox looks so luxurious!
    Following your blog :)
    Do drop by when you have a moment - www.mybeautyjunction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! It feels like they have taken the time out to really think what to send me :)
      Thank you!
      I have followed back :)
      Jess xx

      Delete

© JessicaLouise. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig