Sunday, 6 January 2013

New Years Goals!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!





It is already the 6th January and I haven't posted a blog for the new year yet so I thought I'd better get straight to it! I am aware that it has been a little while since my last post, (and I apologise for that) but I just haven't got round to doing one with all the chaos of Christmas :) What better way to start of the new year than to set myself some new years resolutions! I have, however, decided to call them 'goals' as resolutions are often things that last for a week before we give up on them! So here are my New Years Goals:

 Be more organised
I'm generally not too unorganised, however, there are a few aspects that I would like to concentrate on this year. The first is keeping my room tidy. There are occasions when the small pile of clothes on my floor builds up, and I am left with a floordrobe (basically the whole contents of my wardrobe, on my floor). It's not too much of a pain to tidy up so I want to make that little extra effort in making sure it stays tidy. The second is to be on time. I have a habit of being slightly late to things (my friends and my boss (oops!) can vouch for that), however, I am going to try to make sure I am on time, or early if I am feeling eager, to everything (or most things) this year.

 Complete my scrapbook
As I am on my gap year, I have tried to keep my mind active so that when it comes to uni, it's not too much of a shock to actually do some work! To do this, I have started a scrapbook full of facts about Geography (as that is the course I will be studying). It isn't finished yet so I am wanting to finish it before I go to uni, and if I remember, I will share some of my favourite facts with you.

 Prepare for University
This is quite a general goal as there is lots that it could cover! The main ones include; learn to cook! I wouldn't say I am a terrible cook, but I would like to be able to cook basic meals without looking at a recipe! Also, buy my stuff. There are lots things I will need to take to uni so I will have to do a massive (or probably several) shopping trip to buy all my essentials. This kind of comes into the first goal as it is me being organised for uni.

 Exercise more
The good old 'do more exercise' which is probably one of the most popular new years resolution, however, there is a reason for that! Because we have stuffed our faces over Christmas and are now realising how much we have actually eaten and how little we have exercised over the last month! My motivation this year, is the fact that I am going skiing for a week in February and that is very tiring!

 Save money
Another popular resolution as we are receiving bank statements and our hearts are sinking at how much we have spent on presents etc. This one also links back to my preparations for university as I am fully aware of how much I will need to support myself for 3-4 years, and therefore want to save as much as I can. This means I need to cut down on my shopping and get out of the mindset of 'I'm sure I need that'!

 Opt for the healthy option more often
Yes, this is partly 'eat more healthily', however, I have changed it so it is different (I promise!). What I mean is, not necessarily putting pressure on myself to always have a super healthy meal and then feel guilty when I help myself to chocolate (I can't help it! It's so tempting!), but to have salad every now and then, or to have an apple when I get hungry. I call it my relaxed diet :)

 Drink more water
If I am at home, unless I make myself a bottle of water and carry it around with me, I generally don't drink very much water. The tap seems so far away when I am in my room and I can never quite be bothered to get up and get a glass of water. So, this year, I am going to aim for 1.5-2 litres of water a day. Each day varies so however much water I drink, depends on what I am up to.

 Blog more!
Although I am relatively new to it, I have definitely been enjoying the whole process of blogging. Thinking up things to write about, taking cool pictures and laying it all out. I tend to have times where I am not 'in the mood' to blog, and that can result in a lack of posts. It is those moods which I would like to get over and write a lot more! So hopefully, you will be hearing a lot more from me in this next year :)


So those are the goals I have decided to set myself. I have already got started on some of them, my room is nice and tidy and I have done more in my scrapbook, I have learnt a few key cooking skills and I haven't bought anything (yet!). I have written a blog and I have picked many healthy options so far. YAY! I am really going to make the most of the rest of my gap year and the start of my uni life in 2013! Hopefully you have a great year and make the most of everything!


What new years resolutions have you set yourself? Did you complete any last year?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© JessicaLouise. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig