Friday, 25 January 2013

Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub | Review


This Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub is something that I picked up after reading about it on another blog (can't remember which one, sorry!). I was highly recommended so I thought I would give it a go, especially as I picked it up in the sale so it was only £2.63! It intrigued me that it was a lip product that you can eat.

Using your finger, you scrub your dry lips until you are satisfied with the smoothness. You then lick off any of the remaining product and apply lip balm. I have to say, it tastes really nice, and it works really well. My lips used to be quite chapped, especially in the winter, so this has really helped to smooth my lips. It is made with sugar, jojoba oil, salt, polenta, coconut oil and popping candy, and, as it says on the lid, it has a buttery, caramel taste and smell. It is also taking a lot of restraint to not just eat the whole pot! Like most Lush products, it has a use-by date, however, this one gives you a whole 14 months from when it was made. This is good as it is going to take me a while to get through it!

So, as with everything, it's not perfect. I has a down side too. Due to it's crumbly texture, it would be very difficult to take out and about. You need a mirror to hand to make sure you have licked it all off otherwise you run the risk of looking like you have just eaten a sugary donut! This means that, although it is great when I am at home, if I need to smooth my lips whilst out, I have to just apply a mountain of lip balm. 

Unfortunately, I got this particular product in the Lush January sales and it is now sold out, they do, however, do two other flavours which you can get your hands on. They are, Bubblegum and Mint Julips, so you can always give them a go!


Have you tried any of the Lush Lip Scrubs? What is your opinion?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Will definetly give this a try. It's so hard to find a good exfoliant these days and I'm in desperate need of one because of the winter season.

    Yaz.xX

    Hisociety101.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth it! I swear by this as it does such a good job, no matter how bad my lips get :)
      Jess xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to go to Lush now! I've been putting it off for far too long and will definitely give this a go as I'm headed to cold weather soon for university and really need to make sure my lips don't chap! Thanks for this :)

    Camila x

    camiladeeda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this lip scrub! great blog, it's adorable! so glad I found it :-)

    burgundybeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really want this. i would get the bubblegum flavour as the scent is stronger on that one and i LOVE bubble gum scent :)

    loving your blog
    im your newest follower
    find me at..
    BreezeyBee Blog
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these lip scrubs, definitely one of the best products to comeout of Lush. I have the bubblegum one and Sophie has the mint julips one which is equally as nice! Lovely blog sweetheart :)

    Jennifer @ http://ivyandgoldxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to give this a go as I get really dry lips in the winter but I never really go into Lush so I always forget :)

    meganshaelyn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always order online! I did and the p&p wasn't too expensive and it didn't take too long to arrive! :)
      Jess xx

      Delete

© JessicaLouise. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig