Sunday, 9 December 2012

My everyday makeup


This is the makeup that I use pretty much everyday (apart from lazy days at home, we all need those!). Aside from a few changes, I will pretty much repurchase these over and over again because I know that they work for me, and maybe also because I am not brave enough to try different things :P

No. 17 Hide Away Concealer Stick, shade medium
I use this to cover up those pesky spots that i get, and sometimes under my eyes. It goes on really easily and blends really well. I have been using this particular concealer for a very long time and I would definitely recommend it :)




Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, shade 40 Fawn
I used to use this a while ago but then stopped to use something else (can't remember what this was, sorry) but then more recently I found it amongst my less-used makeup and started using it again. I find it blends really well, stays on for a long time and doesn't go streaky, however, it does go on quite thick so I find myself feeling conscious of looking like I have caked my makeup on!



Maybelline Fit me! concealer, shade 20
This is a fairly recent purchase for me but having used it, I am wondering what I ever did without it! I dab it under my eyes to get rid of dark circles (from those nights when I really should have turned my laptop off earlier). It works really well, blends really well and stays on for quite a long time. The only negative I can think of, is that as far as I am aware (correct me if I am wrong), it only comes in two shades. This was fine for me as luckily, my shade is one of them, however, not so good if yours is not.




No. 17 Pressed Powder, shade delicate beige
I think this is the product I have used for the longest, purely because I like it so much! I use a mahusive brush (shown in the picture) to apply it to my face and the top of my neck. It gives good coverage and is just a good little layer to finish off my makeup. Unfortunately, I find that it doesn't stay on particularly long so I often have to reapply later.




No.17 Instant Glow bronzing powder, shade medium bronze
This is another recent purchase, and again, am wondering what I was doing without it. It adds a bit more colouring to my fave and highlights my cheek bones which I love. I just lightly dab it onto my face using a powder brush (shown in the picture). For nights out or days where I need to dress up more, I simply dab a bit extra on. It stays on for a good amount of time and I have a feeling that the product will last a long time.



No.17 All About Nude, summer palette
Sometimes I don't bother with eye shadow but more often than not, I like to add a bit more colour to my eyes. The colour I use most is the gold one (top right) and vary the amount I put on. Again, I add more if I am dressing up. I find that these ones stay on really well and add just the right amount of colour to make my eyes stand out (which isn't difficult considering they are quite big!).


Max Factor Kohl Pencil, shade 20 Black
This pencil is my favourite as it is so easy to use. I have tried using liquid eyeliner but often find that most of it ends up in my eyes, I have also given gel liner a go but find it tricky to get the line just how I like it (I am a bit of a perfectionist and maybe a bit OCD!) so I often just return to using my trusty pencil :) I find that these pencils last yonks! Seriously, I have had this particular pencil for ages! It is so easy to use and they stay on pretty much all day.



Maybelline the Falsies volum' express mascara, black
I have tried a few different mascaras but have found only subtle differences between them (apart from waterproof ones, but that difference is obvious). I tend to notice that they all improve with age but this one in particular extends my lashes to a good length and curl them upwards nicely, despite the stubbornness of my lashes. It lasts a decent amount of time both on my lashes and in the tube, and for some reason, find myself returning to this particular mascara.



Have you tried any of these products? What's your view on them?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© JessicaLouise. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig